Sunday 26 July 2015

Decision

Yet again he was at crossroads. Deciding.
This time I am gonna listen to my mind and not make a dumb decision. She is the reason why i am here. she is the reason that i am standing here, choosing.
She is draining me. He is sucking out each and every ounce of patience from me. I earn. It is so easy for me to quinch her worldly thirsts, but only if she had any. She wanted me emotionally. She demanded something very strange.  Something astonishing. She asked me for my attention. For my time.
What sort of a bid was that? I am here, I am around. I meet her as soon as time lets us. Then why would she say this? I call her regularly and ofcourse we are around each other's social medias. Then why does she have this perplexing thought that I am not giving her the attention she needs.
Well I wouldn't deny the fact that I do wrong, a hell lot of time. Actually, all the time. But that has nothing to do with the time we spend together. I know she is an independent and really a wonderful woman, then this sort of archaic behavior was something i never expected from her.
Never in my own house did I had to tell where I am and by what time I will come back. They don't ask me, they know I am a grown up and these questions make no sense now. But then I have her to take care of this department too. Why do you wanna know when i'm gonna be back. It's not that you have to wait for me to do your dinner or open the door. We don't live together. Yeah, I called up a few hours later than I promised, but really, how does it matter? You can take the calls anytime and even if you don't I wouldn't be exasperated unlike you ofcourse. We are adults and you way past the "honeymoon phase" of the relationship, so I guess we should buckle up and take care of more important things in life.
So yeah, I'm done. I'm done taking care of someone. This is all I can give in, infact more than I could. So now that I am at this situation in my life, she is to be blamed.
Yet, this decision has left me baffled. I see her face and I am taken back to all the innocence and madness.   To all the demands and smiles. God! what am I gonna do?
Yeah, destiny. You know sometimes we need to do a little something from our side to make these things work. It was fate that I saw her there that day, so yeah why not let my fate decide where we have to be.
Let's flip a coin. Heads with her, tails, without her. I flip the coin.
Tails it was.
 He knew his destiny had decided for him. He knew where he had to go.
He started to walk and tears rolled down her eyes. He held her hand, and knew it was with her.
For those fraction of seconds the coin was up in the air all he longed for was the coin to fall with heads up. And that was when he knew he was wrong. She sat by the phone when he said he'd call after 10 mins and  waited for hours for the phone to ring. She was worried sick with bad thoughts when she knew he was out drinking. Ofcourse she is a feminist, but was it too much to ask for him to be a little orthodox and buy her flowers sometimes. All she wanted was to be complimented by the only person she dresses up to impress. She wanted him to know her importance, she wanted him to value her.
And so, by the flip of a coin, the decision was made.  

1 comment: